The Canon Pixma MG5220 printer has the ability to scan documents to your computer. Before you try any scanning though, you have to have the proper software installed and know the steps. Just follow these instructions.
- Install the MP Navigator EX software located on the disc that came with the printer. If you don’t have the disc, you can obtain the software on the Canon website.
- Select “Start” > “Programs” > “Canon Utilities” > “MP Navigator EX” > “MP Navigator EX“.
- Select “Photos/Documents“.
- Open the top of the scanner and place the document you wish to scan on the glass.
- Set preferences on the screen as needed. Select the “Scan” button when ready.
- The Pixma 5220 should start the scanning process. When it’s finished, select “Save” to save the document(s) as a JPEG, or select “Save as PDF” to save it in PDF format.
How do I scan documents to Evernote?
You’ll have to set the EX Navigator software to send files to Evernote using these steps.
- Ensure you have installed the Evernote application.
- Open EX Navigator, then go to “One Click” > “Custom“.
- Under “Application settings“, select the “Set” button.
- Browse to the location of the installed Evernote application. For Windows users, it is usually located at “C:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote“
- Select “Apply” to save the changes, and you should be set to scan to Evernote.