The International Mobile Station Equipment Identity or IMEI on a smartphone is a unique set of numbers and letters that identifies your phone or tablet. If you are wondering where you can locate the IMEI number on an Android smartphone, you can find it within the settings of the device using these steps.
- Tap “Settings” from the Home screen.
- Select “System“. (Skip this step on some models)
- Scroll toward the bottom and tap “About phone“, “About tablet“, or “About device“.
- Tap “Status“.
- Select “IMEI Information“.
- The IMEI is listed on the screen.
The IMEI is also often listed on the retail box your phone came in.