Learn how to cut, copy, and paste text on your Android device with these steps.
- Tap and hold your finger on the text box you are copying text from for about 2 seconds until a menu appears at the top of the screen and the text becomes highlighted.
- Drag the selection to highlight the exact text you wish to work with.
- Select the “Cut” or “Copy” icon located at the upper-right part of the screen.
- Navigate to where you want to paste the text.
- Tap and hold the text field for 2 seconds, then tap “Paste“.
Why doesn’t the cut, copy, paste feature work for me?
Not all apps support copying and pasting text.
How do I copy text from the Facebook app?
The Facebook app does not allow copying or cutting. For a workaround, you can bring up Facebook in a web browser and cut and copy from there.
This tutorial was created based on Android Lollipop.