I really like to have an automatic signature on my text messages. It prevents people from saying “Who is this?”. Add a signature to your text messages using these steps.
Option 1 – Stock Android Messages App
Some versions of the Messages app will have this setting. Unfortunately, it’s not available on many. In that case, you will need to use Option 2.
- Open the “Messages” app.
- Press the “Menu” located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Settings“.
- Tap “Add signature to messages” to enable text message signatures, then tap “Edit signature text“.
- Type your desired signature, then select “OK“.
Your signature will now be automatically added to each text message you send.
Option 2 – Handcent Next SMS
The Handcent app is a robust third-party text messaging app. Download and install the app, and you can add a text message signature with these steps.
- Tap “Inbox” in the upper-left corner and switch it to “More“.
- Select “Settings“.
- Select “All“.
- Scroll down and select “Send message settings“.
- Check “Enable signature“.
- Tap “Personal signature“.
- Set the signature that you would like to use at the end of your messages, then select “Confirm“.
Option 3 – Carrier Messaging App
Some carriers will include a messaging app of their own that may have a signature feature. For example, Verizon includes a “Message+” app with their phones that has a signature setting under “Menu” > “Settings” > “Enable Signature“, then tap “Auto Signature“.