There may be times when you need to send the same message to multiple people from your Apple iPhone 6, such as to alert family members to things going on in your home or life. Instead of copying and pasting the message multiple times, you can simply send it to multiple people all at once.
To send one message to several recipients at a time:
- Tap on the “Messages” app on your iPhone 6 to open it.
- Tap on the square icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen to begin a new message.
- Once the new message window is open, you’ll notice a blue and white plus sign (+) at the very far right side of the “To:” field. Tap on this button to open your address book.
- Scroll to the first person you wish to add to your mass-text list and tap their name. Their number will automatically be placed in the “To:” field of the text. Repeat this process until all of your recipients have been chosen.
Alternately, instead of clicking the plus sign and scrolling through your list, you can type the first couple of letters for each person’s name in the “To:” field. A list of all people whose names begin with those numbers will show up and you can simply tap on the one you want to have it added to the “To:” field.
- Once your contacts have been selected, simply type your message and hit the “Send” button as normal.
There are a few things you need to keep in mind when sending mass texts in this manner:
- If a contact has more than one number listed in your address book, you will be given the option to choose which of their numbers you wish to send the message to. Be sure to only select a mobile number during this step.
- When you send a message to multiple recipients, they will all be able to see each others’ phone numbers. If you have a contact who isn’t a close friend or family member, always get their permission before including them in mass texting lists.
- If you want to include a person in this mass text who isn’t already in your contact list, you can either first add them to Contacts or simply manually type in their number.
That’s all there is to it! Happy texting.