A common problem Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users seem to be coming across is that when they play a video, no sound is played. Here are a few things that could be causing the issue.
- Ensure the volume/ringer is turned all the way up. Some users have had to open the Music or YouTube app, play a song/video, turn the volume up, then play the video again to get it to work.
- Ensure that your finger or case is not accidentally covering the microphone hole while you are recording the video.
- Check the speaker and microphone to make sure it isn’t blocked with lint or other foreign object. A needle seems to work for cleaning them out.
- Ensure Airplay is not enabling a connection to another device.
- The device may detect something in the microphone jack and fail to play sound through the speaker. Clean out the microphone jack using compressed air or a toothpick.
- Some users have reported that cleaning the charging jack works.
Hopefully one of the above solution fixes your issue. Share your experience in the comments section.