When attempting to download apps from the Windows Store, Windows 8 users may experience a problem where the app is stuck in a “Pending” state, and the download never completes. We have a few things you can do to attempt to fix this problem.
Try a simple restart of Windows first.
Try logging into your Microsoft account again.
- Open the Store app, then right-click or tap and hold anywhere on the screen.
- Select the Your Account option.
- Select Change user.
- Type your Microsoft account credentials, then select Save.
Reset the Store Cache
Select Start, type wsreset, then select the wsreset option. The Store app will then open where you can see if you can download your apps again.
Fix problems with Windows Update
Windows Update doesn’t seem like it should have anything to do with the Store app, but some people have reported this works.
- Select Start, type troubleshooting.
- Select the Troubleshooting option.
- Select the Fix problems with Windows Update option in the System and Security section.
- Select Next and follow the rest of the wizard.
Reset Windows Update
- Select Start, type services, then select the View local services option.
- Select the Windows Update service, then select Stop to stop the service.
- Navigate to C:\Windows.
- Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to SoftwareDistribution.0
- Go back to the Services screen and start the Windows Update service again.
- Attempt to download your apps.
I hope one of these options has solved your problem in Windows 8 with apps stuck in a “Pending” state. To help others and to improve this post, please write about your experience with this problem in the Comments section below.