When attempting to run an application on your Microsoft Windows 10 computer, you may encounter an error that says “This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine“.
This message may appear because a systems administrator at your organization has blocked the publisher. It may have also happened by accident when the software was previously installed.
Whatever the reason, you can usually fix this error with these steps.
Fix 1 – Run from Command Prompt
- Right-click the program icon, then choose “Copy as path“.
- Hold down the Windows Key, then press “X“.
- Choose “Command Prompt (Admin).
- From the Command Prompt, right-click and paste the target of the application into the Command Prompt box, then press “Enter“. If you don’t know the target, you can usually obtain it from the icon of the application by right-clicking and selecting “Properties“. The path and name will be shown in the “Target” field.
The program should open without error.
Fix 2 – Remove Publisher from Untrusted List
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select “Tools” > “Internet Options” > “Content” > “Publishers“.
- In the “Certificates” window, select the “Untrusted Publishers” tab.
- If the software publisher for the software you are trying to run is listed, remove it.
Fix 3 – Unblock the File
- Right-click the icon to the program, then choose “Properties“.
- Uncheck the “Block” box, then select “OK“.