If your Samsung Galaxy Tab screen is not rotating properly, it may need to be calibrated. You can do this from within the Android OS menus. Thanks to some people in our community for the tip in the comments section of our site.
Note: These steps are for the original Galaxy Tab. Newer versions support capacitive multitouch technology and do not have a feature where calibration is permitted.
- Place the Galaxy Tab on a flat surface with the screen facing directly up.
- Tap the application slider and open the “Settings” app.
- Select “Display settings“. Newer versions may say “Screen“.
- Select “Horizontal calibration“.
- Tap “Calibrate“, and the ball on the screen should move into the center of the screen.
After doing these steps, the Galaxy Tab screen should rotate properly.