You may be wondering already why – exactly – would you ever need to place your Samsung Galaxy J7 into Safe Mode. Well, have you ever had a serious slow down on your phone? Apps crashing constantly for no apparent or obvious reason? What about the phone itself simply freezing or locking up? It has happened to all of us at some point. The answer is almost always a rogue app that is either not working properly or should not have been installed in the first place. Even in this day and age of app monitoring and security measures, there are still occasionally nefarious people who develop apps that can seriously mess with our devices. How are you supposed to know for sure which app is causing you problems, though?
In most cases, the offending application is not a rogue or nasty one… it is simply a popular, everyday app that has somehow corrupted itself. But how do you know which app is causing you so many headaches? If this issue has rendered your phone nearly useless, you are going to need to place it into Safe Mode in order to figure things out, and I am going to give you the quick rundown right now to help you out.
Enabling Safe Mode
- First, power the phone completely off.
- With it off, hold down the “Power” key until the word “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen.
- As soon as you see “SAMSUNG” appear on the screen, immediately let go of the “Power Key.”
- The moment you let go of that power button, press and hold down on the “Volume Down” button.
- Do not let go of the “Volume Down” key until you see the words “Safe Mode” displayed at the bottom of your screen.
Now that you are in “Safe Mode,” you can uninstall your third party apps (the ones you have downloaded) one at a time until you figure out which one is causing you issues.
Disabling Safe Mode
Once you are finished, returning your phone to its normal state is simple: just hold down your “Power” key like you normally would and allow your phone to restart itself the usual way.
What other questions do you have for me about the Samsung Galaxy J7 phones? Is there anything in particular I can help you learn how to do?