The Roku is a great video streaming solution, but some users have experienced problems where it freezes up from time to time or reboots itself. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Update Software
Ensure you have the latest and greatest software for your device.
- Press “Home“, then go to “Settings” > “System” > “System updated” > “Check Now“.
Sometimes a good restart is all you need.
- Unplug the power from the rear of the device, then wait about a minute before plugging the Roku back in.
3. Replace HDMI Cable
Some HDMI cables may cause problems. Try a different HDMI cable. If you have more than one HDMI port on your TV, you may also want to try the other port. It may seem strange, but it actually works in some cases, especially if you have a Vizio TV.
4. Factory Reset
Try starting fresh by performing a factory reset on the Roku. You can perform a factory reset one of two ways.
Factory Reset Option 1
- Press “Home“, then go to “Settings” > “System” > “Advanced system settings” > “Factory reset” > “Factory reset everything“.
Factory Reset Option 2
- Press and hold the reset button on the back or bottom of the Roku box for about 20 seconds.
5. Contact Support
If none of the above steps solved your freezing and reboot problems, you may want to contact Roku for support.
- Call 855-766-2988. Support is available 24/7