If you’re a phone enthusiast, you have probably come across the fuzz that has taken some people by storm where you can pick calls or hear your phone ring from other devices.
Pairing your Android phone to ring on other devices can either be done on incoming calls, message alerts, or if you need to use a different hearing aid. If you’re interested in knowing how to pair your Android phone to any of the modes mentioned above, then you’re at the right place.
Pairing Your Android Phone to Ring on Bluetooth Speakers and Headphones
We are in a technology transformation era. The evolution has impacted both the software and the hardware in our day to day gadgets. This is true with the headphone’s hardware.
If you have a Bluetooth connectable headphone, you can simply receive calls and message alerts from the headgear or the surround speakers in your car or home. This ensures you don’t miss that important appointment. Here’s how to pair your Android phone to ring on Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth stand-alone speakers.
- To begin, you have to make sure your phone Bluetooth is switched on. To turn it on, simply swipe from the bottom of your screen upwards to open the notification display panel. Tap on the Bluetooth icon to switch it on.
- Alternatively, try opening the Settings menu and click on Bluetooth to set it on. Once the Bluetooth is switched on, go to the Android Settings section. Tap the “Connect and Pair” option, followed by the “Pair with new devices.”
- Make sure your Speaker and Headphones are paired. Once you have your Speakers and Headphones on pairing mode, go to your Headphones and accept the pairing.
- To confirm if your devices are working excellently, go to the checkbox section to access contacts and call history. Then, go to the “Pair” option on the Phone, Speakers, or Headphones and tap “Pair.” When paired successfully, your Android Phone will ring on your Speaker and Headphones when you receive a call.
Pairing Your Android Phone to Ring on Your PC
To successfully pair your Android phone and enable it to ring on your PC, you need to ensure your PC is running on the Windows 10 software. Your phone should also be running Android 7.0 and above.
Once you have installed Windows 10 on your PC, you’ll need to have access to the Windows 10 Phone app. This can be downloaded online form the Google Play Store. Next, follow the instructions below to pair your phone:
- From your Windows 10’s PC, open the Phone app, and tap on the Android option that is displayed on the right side of the app.
- Tap “Continue” and enter your phone number.
- Click on the “Send” option to enable you to access the Microsoft link. You will need this link to Pair your phone and to enable it to ring on your PC.
- Next, go to your Android phone Settings and open the Calls and Message options. Allow them to access the link provided by Microsoft.
- Your phone should now open Google Play with the pairing app successfully installed.
- Tap the “Finish installation” icon and then open the app. You can access the app on your phone by opening the Companion app on your home screen.
- Open the app, then fill the Microsoft details and then proceed to the “Sign in” option.
- Tap continue and then click “Allow” this will grant the app access to your phone contacts list.
- Also, go to the “Manage calls and messages” option and tap “Allow.” Once you’ve done this, your phone will be able to ring from your PC’s app.
Pairing your phone with other devices is not that complicated. All you need is to get started using the steps above, and everything should link up correctly. With this, you can have the freedom to move around within your home and not miss your call or message notification.