I had a problem on my Apple MacBook where a prompt to install the “USB-C Multiport Adapter Update 1.0” kept appearing on the screen. I would choose to install the update then restart, but the prompt would appear again and the update would never install properly.
This appears to be a common problem. I solved my issue with these steps:
- Charge your device to 100%.
- Remove the adapter from your MacBook.
- Remove all connections from the adapter.
- Plug the adapter back in with nothing attached to it.
- Wait for the prompt to install the Multiport Adapter update, then choose “Install Now“.
- When prompted to restart, do so.
The update should then install and not prompt you again. At least, this is what worked for me.