Apple iTunes 12 is different than what most users are used to. Learning how to transfer photos to the iPhone, iPod or iPad can be a daunting task for those who are used to the old way of doing things. Here’s how it’s done.
Method 1 – Using iCloud
- From the PC where your photos are stored, open a web browser and visit iCloud.com.
- Sign in with the credentials for the account that is linked to your Apple device.
- Select “Photos“.
- Select the “Upload” icon, located at the upper right portion of the screen.
- Navigate to and select the photos you wish to upload. Hold the “CTRL” key to select multiple files.
- Select “Open” to upload the selected photo files.
You should now be able to view the pictures in the “Photo” app on your iPhone or iPad.
Method 2 – Using iTunes
- Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- A button will appear toward the upper-left part of the screen. Select it to access the settings on the device.
- Select the “Photos” option on the left sidebar.
- Check the “Sync Photos from” option, then choose to sync “All folders” or “Selected folders“. You can also select the “Include videos” check box to sync your personal videos. If you choose the “Selected folders” option, you will be give the option to check the folders you want to sync to the device.
- Click the “Done” button, then click “Apply“. iTunes will then transfer your photos over to your Apple device.