Did you know that you can save locations in the Maps app on your iPhone or iPad? This will mark the location with a pin for easy access in the future. Here’s how the feature works.
Adding a Pinned Location
- Open the “Maps” app.
- Search or drag the map until the location appears on the screen.
- Tap and hold the location on the map until a pin appears.
- If the pin wasn’t placed right, you can continue to touch and hold the pin and move it to a desired spot.
The location is then saved for future use.
Remove a Pinned Location
If you ever wish to delete the pin, follow these steps:
- Tap the pin.
- Select the arrow next to the location name.
- Select the “Remove Pin” button, and the pinned location is removed.
Move a Pinned Location
At any time, you can tap and hold a pin, then drag it to the desired location.
If you select a saved or “pinned” location, you can tap the pin, then select the arrow if you need the following options:
- Add to New Contact
- Add to Existing Contact