Uninstall unwanted apps from the Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone with these steps.
Option 1 – From Settings
- From the Home screen, select “Apps” > “Settings” > “Applications” > “Application manager“.
- Select the app you wish to remove.
- Tap “Uninstall” or “Disable“.
Option 2 – From Apps Menu
- Open the “Apps” slider.
- Tap and hold the icon for the app you wish to uninstall.
- Select “Uninstall” or “Disable“.
Note: The “Disable” option does not actually uninstall the app, but it prevents it from running and removes it from your Apps menu. Pre-installed apps will only show the “Disable” option and cannot be completely removed. You will only have the option to turn it off or uninstall updates.
How do I enable a disabled app?
Repeat the steps 1 to 3 in Option 1, then swipe over to the “Disabled” section. Select the app, then choose “Turn on“.
This tutorial applies to the Samsung Galaxy S8+ models SM-G955 and SM-G950.