Many Samsung Galaxy S7 users are experiencing a problem with their phones where icons are missing from the App Launcher. A quick look at the Google Play Store or Application Manager will show that their apps are installed, but they have no way to launch them as the icons are gone.
This appears to be a problem with the Touchwiz Launcher. Clearing the data from TouchWiz Home will clear this problem, but it will reset all of your Home screen and launcher settings back to their defaults. Here’s how it’s done if you wish to pursue the fix.
Note: These steps will reset the home screen to default settings. You will have to re-arrange the icons back the way you want them after these steps.
- From the Home screen, select “Apps“, then open “Settings“.
- Select “Applications” > “Application manager“.
- Select “More” located at the upper-right corner, then choose “Show system apps”.
- Scroll down and select TouchWiz home.
- Select “Storage” .
- Tap the “Clear data” button.
Now if you tap the App Launcher, all of your apps should now appear.