If you’re using your Samsung Galaxy S7 to quietly take a photo, the camera shutter sound makes things a bit more difficult. You may want to silence the shutter if you’re taking a picture of a sleeping pet or quiet events like a wedding reception. Fortunately, you can disable the shutter sound on the device with these easy steps.
Option 1 – From Settings
- Open the “Camera” app.
- Select the settings gear located at the upper-left corner of the screen
- Scroll down toward the bottom and slide “Shutter sound” to “On” or “Off” as desired
Option 2 – Silence System Sounds
One some carriers, the camera shutter sound is controlled by the overall Android sound setting. You can turn the sound off by lowering the “System” volume. You can do this with these steps:
- Slide down the notification bar from the top of the screen using two fingers.
- Tap and hold the “Volume” speaker icon. Sound and notification settings should appear.
- Select “Volume“.
- Slide the “System” volume all the way to the left
Of course, don’t forget to enable the sound on your Galaxy S7 once you’re done taking photos.
Note: Some carriers and countries do not allow you to silence the shutter sound on the camera.