Sooner or later, you’re going to come across the Microsoft Store error that tells you that you’ll need Internet access to install an app. If this ever happens to you, the first thing you do is check if your WiFi is working correctly.
So, this makes the Microsoft store error even more frustrating since you’re absolutely sure that you have Internet access. The good news is that thee are methods you can try to finally get rid of this error.
Disable VPN to Fix Microsoft Store Internet Error
It’s a great idea to use a VPN for extra security, but it can be the cause of the error the Microsoft Store is showing you. If all you need to do is install one app, you can try temporarily disabling your VPN.
The steps to temporarily disable your VPN will vary depending on the one you’re using. For example, if you’re using NordVPN, click on the Disconnect option. You’ll see various options as to how long you want to pause the VPN. You can choose from options such as:
- Five minutes
- Ten minutes
- One hour
You can also try going to:
- Control Panel
- Network and Internet
- Network and Sharing Center
- Choose Change adapter settings located in the left panel.
- Right-click on the TAP adapter
- Go to Properties
- Disable Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
Reset the Microsoft Store App to Fix Internet Issue
Sometimes a fresh start is all that’s needed to fix the issue. To reset the Microsoft Store app go to:
- Apps and Features
- Select the Microsoft Store App
- Click on Advanced options.
- Click on the Reset button.
Enable the Automatically Detect Settings Option to Fix Microsoft Store Error
Your Internet connection and Proxy Settings don’t always play nice and cause you problems. To rule out this possibility as the cause of the issue go to:
- Right-click on the Windows Start menu
- Place the cursor on the cogwheel and click to go to Settings.
- Click on Network and Internet
- Choose the Proxy option in the left panel.
- Toggle on Automatically detect settings
The cause of the issue can vary, but hopefully, what’s causing the problem can be solved with one of the previously mentioned methods. How long have you been seeing the Microsoft Store error? Share your experience in the comments below.