Bixby, Samsung’s voice-powered digital assistant is available on both your phone, as well as certain Galaxy Watch models. This means you can interact with Bixby while keeping your phone in your pocket.
Installing the newest Bixby version as soon as it’s available grants you access to the latest features of the assistant.
But getting the latest Bixby version on your Galaxy Watch may not always be possible. This guide brings you four useful solutions in case Bixby fails to update.
Troubleshooting Bixby Not Updating on Galaxy Watch
Method 1 – Force the update
- Step 1 – Connect your watch to your phone using the Bluetooth connection.
- Step 2 – On your Galaxy Watch, set WiFi and Bluetooth to Always on. This is particularly helpful if you also get notifications about the watch not being connected to the Internet.
- Step 3 – If Bixby still won’t update to the latest version, press and hold the Power button until your watch reboots.
- Step 4 – Launch the update process again and check if it goes through this time.
- Step 5 – After you updated Bixby, disable WiFi to avoid draining the battery too fast.
Method 2 – Use the Samsung Wearable app
If updating Bixby directly on your Galaxy Watch did not work, launch the Samsung Wearable app on your phone, select your Galaxy Watch and update the assistant from there.
Other users suggested that force stopping Bixby after opening the Wearable app, and then closing all the open apps on the watch helped the update to go through.
- Or you can go to the Bixby Home screen → More options
- Select Settings → go to About Bixby
- Hit the Update button if there’s a new version available
- Confirm the update and wait until your phone has downloaded and installed the Bixby update.
Method 3 – Accept the terms
If Samsung recently updated their terms, you need to accept them again until you can access and use all the features of their apps and gadgets.
Rebooting your watch and phone should be enough to bring forth the notification about Samsung’s latest terms and conditions. Review and accept the changes.
Method 4 – Clear the Wearable app cache
As the cache of your Wearable app accumulates, certain features and functions may no longer work properly, especially if you’ve got multiple device connected.
Clearing the cache on the Galaxy Wearable app may help you update Bixby on your Galaxy Watch.
Simply go to Settings → tap Apps → select the Wearable app→ tap Storage → tap Clear cache/ Clean now.
If nothing worked, you can try resetting your watch. Keep in mind this will wipe out everything you downloaded, including paid items.