Learn how to delete your iPod or iPhone backup from your computer. Doing so might save you a bit of hard drive space. It’s also good to keep things clean if you no longer sync the device with your computer any longer.
Option 1 – From iTunes
- Open iTunes.
- Select the “Edit” menu, then choose “Preferences“.
- Select the “Devices” tab.
- Select an iPad or iPhone on the list and click “Delete Backup”.
Option 2 – Manually Remove Files
- Navigate to the following location on your computer depending on your OS:
- Windows 10/8/7 – C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
- MacOS – ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Note: From Finder, hold “Option” and select “Go” to access the “Library” folder.
- A folder with a bunch of random letters and numbers will be in the “Backup” directory. Delete that entire folder, and it will remove the backup from your computer.