Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note8 to a TV and enjoy all of the content from your phone on a bigger screen.
Wireless Option 1 – Miracast (Recommended)
If you have a TV that supports a Miracast connection, you already have everything you need to mirror the screen from your Note 8 to the TV. Every TV links up differently. Check the documentation on your particular TV to find out how to connect a device via Miracast.
Once you have ensured that your TV or device is set up to receive video, connect your TV to the Note 8 with these steps:
- Swipe down from the tip of the Note8 screen with two fingers.
- Swipe left and select the “Smart View” option.
- Choose the device you wish to connect to.
- Once selected, the screen will start mirroring instantly.
Wireless Option 2 – Chromecast
You can get a Google Chromecast and use it with the Note 8 to send content to your TV wirelessly.
- Ensure the Chromecast and Note8 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Google Home app on the Note8.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Apps like Netflix and YouTube will now have a “Cast” button within the app that you can use to send the video to the Chromecast and TV.
If you want to mirror everything on the device, open the Google Home app, select , then choose “Cast screen / audio“.
Wired Option – DisplayPort Cable
- Connect a Samsung USB-C to HDMI Adapter to the USB port on your phone.
- Connect a standard HDMI cable between the adapter and TV, and you’re ready to run.