It took me a bit of time to figure out how to scan documents using my new Canon Pixma MX340 printer. The instructions aren’t located in the physical manual. I finally figured out how to do it though after a few hours of playing with it.
- Install the MP Navigator EX software located on the disc that came with the printer. If you don’t have the disc, you can download the software from the Canon website.
- Go to “Start” > “Programs” > “Canon Utilities” > “MP Navigator EX” > “MP Navigator EX“.
- Select “Photos/Documents” or “Stack of Documents“.
- If “Photos/Documents” was selected, open the top of the scanner and place the document you wish to scan on the glass with the top facing to the left. If “Stack of Documents” was selected, flip the plastic tray open on the top of the printer and place the stack of papers in the tray.
- Select the “Document Type” in the left pane, then click the “Scan” button.
- The scanning process should start. When it’s finished, select “Save” to save the document(s) as a JPEG, or select “Save as PDF” to save it in PDF format.
How do I scan documents to Evernote?
You’ll have to set the EX Navigator software to send files to Evernote using these steps.
- Ensure you have installed the Evernote application.
- Open EX Navigator, then go to “One Click” > “Custom“.
- Under “Application settings“, select the “Set” button.
- Browse to the location of the installed Evernote application. For Windows users, it is usually located at “C:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote“
- Select “Apply” to save the changes, and you should be set to scan to Evernote.