It seems there are quite a few people wondering how to create groups (or labels as Google calls them) for contacts on their Android devices. Here are two options for creating groups/labels for your contacts.
Option 1 – From Contacts App
- Open the “Contacts” app on your Android device.
- Select the “Menu” icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Create Label“.
- Type the “Label name“, then tap “OK“.
- Tap the add person icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select a contact to add it to the group/label.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for any additional contacts you wish to add to this group.
Option 2 – From a Web Browser
- Login to your Google Contacts using a web browser.
- Select “Create label” on the left pane. If you already have the group/label created, skip to the next step.
- From your list of contacts, check the contacts you wish to add to the group/label.
- Select the label icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the label you wish to use on those contacts.
How do I send an email or text message to these groups/labels?
- From the “Contacts” app, select a group/label.
- Select the “Menu” icon at the upper-right corner.
- Choose “Send message” or “Send email” as desired.