In this era of smartphones, everyone is eager to dominate the competition. Companies are coming up with high performance yet affordable smartphones every other day. Xiaomi is one such company, producing highly efficient yet affordable smartphones.
Today, we are going to look at the specs and the price aspects of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro, which is expected to launch on Mar 14, 2020.
Before exploring the specs, here is a very quick guide on assessing the smartphone specifications – you can skip the quick guide if you’re quite comfortable with the tech jargon.
Processor: The more cores a processor has + the faster it is, the faster your phone should be. Qualcomm’s ‘Snapdragon series’ is used in most of the smartphones. 200, 400, 600 and 800 are the classes. The more the class, the faster and efficient processors. Snapdragon 630 > Snapdragon 825 [600 class < 800 class]
GPU: GPU is packaged within the processor on a smartphone. A better GPU comes with a better Processor (in most cases).
RAM: More RAM => More multitasking. A subtle drawback: More RAM can drain the battery faster. Many companies are now coming with RAM >= 4GB.
ROM (internal storage): The more the internal storage, the more the phone can store data. 32 GB internal storage is decently good and there are smartphones with internal storage up to 250 GB.
Resolution: Resolution refers to the number of pixels present in a display. The higher resolution the display is, the more number of pixels it packs in a given area of space, and the sharper the image quality will be.
Battery: Battery capacity is measured in milliamp-hours (mAh). The higher the value of mAh, the greater the capacity, and the longer your smartphone should last on a charge.
Camera: Camera resolution is expressed in megapixels (MP), and a single megapixel refers to one million pixels. 16 MP, 20 MP, 60 MP are now common in the market.
Now, let’s now dive into Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro’s Specs and Pricing
- Price: Rs. 15,990 (expected)
- RAM: 6 GB
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G
- Rear Camera: 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP
- Front Camera: 20 MP
- Battery: 4500 mAh
- Display: 6.53 inches
- Screen Size: 6.53 inches (16.59 cm)
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Bezel-less display: Yes, with waterdrop notch
- Pixel Density: 395 ppi
- Display Type: IPS LCD
- Touch Screen: Capacitive Touchscreen, Multi-touch
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G
- Processor: Octa core – 2.2 GHz, Dual core, Kryo 470 + 1.8 GHz, Kryo 470, Hexa Core.
- Architecture: 64 bit
- Graphics: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Memory: 64 GB
- Expandable Memory: Up to 256 GB
- Camera Setup: Quad
- Resolution: 64 MP Primary Camera, 8 MP, Wide Angle, Ultra-Wide Angle Camera, 2 MP Camera, 2 MP, Depth Camera
- Autofocus: Yes
- Flash: LED Flash
- Image Resolution: 9000 x 7000 Pixels
- Settings: Exposure compensation, ISO control
- Modes of Shooting: Continuous Shooting, HDR
- Features: Digital Zoom + Touch to focus + Face detection + Auto Flash
- Camera Setup: Single
- Resolution: 20 MP Primary Camera
- Capacity: 4500 mAh
- Type: Li-ion
- User Replaceable: NO
- Quick Charging: Fast
Network and Connectivity:
- SIM Size: SIM1: Nano, SIM2: Nano (Hybrid)
- Network Support: 4G (supports Indian bands), 3G, 2G
- VoLTE: YES
- GPS: with A-GPS
- USB Connectivity: Mass storage device, USB charging
- USB Type-C: YES (Doesn’t support micro-USB)
- Loudspeaker: YES
- Audio Jack: 3.5 mm
- Fingerprint Sensor: YES
- Fingerprint Sensor Position: Rear
- Other Sensors: Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer
- SIM Slot(s): Dual SIM, GSM+GSM
Conclusion: This is a one of the top performers in this price range.