With an increasing number of tasks switching to touchscreens we often forget why most computer work is still done with a mouse and keyboard. There is no gesture as fast as a hotkey or a shortcut that instantly does any task that you need.
These keyboard shortcuts enable you to be more efficient when compared to doing the same work with a mouse. Here is a list of the best Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts you can use to increase productivity.
- Use the Windows icon key to open and close the Start Menu.
- Open the Start Menu by pressing the Ctrl + Esc Keys simultaneously.
- Windows + A opens the Action Center.
- Windows + D hides all open apps and takes you to the desktop of Windows 10. Using this command once will hide the apps and a second time will display them again.
- File Explorer can be launched by pressing Windows + E.
- Windows + I will open the Settings app.
- Windows + K opens the Connect pane. This is where the connection to the wireless display and other audio devices can be initiated.
- A Windows 10 device can be locked by pressing Windows + L.
- All the opened Windows on the desktop of Windows 10 can be minimized by pressing Windows + M.
- The display orientation can be locked by pressing Windows + O.
- Windows + P opens the Project Pane.
- Run Windows can be launched by pressing Windows + R.
- Windows + X opens the advanced menu in the lower-left corner of the screen. It is also referred to as the WinX menu.
- Windows + Print Screen allows you to take pictures of your screen and saves it to the Screen Menu automatically.
- Windows + ”,” enables you to peek at the desktop of your Windows 10 PC.
- If you intend to switch between the input languages and the keyboard layouts, press Windows + Space bar.
- Windows + W opens Windows Ink workplace, where you can easily interact with different apps such as Sticky notes.
- To open the System page from the Control Panel, press Windows + Pause/Break.
- You can easily insert emojis into text by opening the emoji popup. Press Windows + ; The same thing can also be done by pressing Windows +…
If you are working on multiple apps simultaneously, knowing keyboard shortcuts for Windows 10 will help you complete the work without moving away from the keyboard.
- Sometimes you have multiple windows or apps open. Instead of using the mouse to go to the app or the Window, you can press and hold the Alt button while repeatedly pressing the Tab key. This will let you cycle through the Windows open. You release the tab when you find the one you want.
- Simultaneously pressing Ctrl + Alt + Tab will display the list of all the open Windows. Even after you release the keys, the list will remain open.
Pros & Cons of Using Windows Shortcuts
Knowing Windows shortcuts is good, but using them at all times might infringe on other skills and options. It is always best to know several ways how you can perform some action or task so that you can do it even if you are lacking all of the tools.
You can buy a USB drive with Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition and join millions of users worldwide on a platform that is considered the industry standard.