Do you want a way “write” down some quick notes and keep them in front of you without using paper or pen?
Windows sticky notes are the perfect option way to do this. It’s one of the best features of Windows and provides a way to create and place virtual notes on your computer’s screen. It helps you to remember things you need to do or ideas you want to recall but can’t focus on 100%.
The sticky notes app is available in Windows Vista, 7, and 10, as well as in other versions. It’s simple to use and is a favorite of many Windows users.
Pros & Cons of Using Sticky Notes
Sticky notes are always useful, both in digital form and IRL. But, depending on your needs, there might be better options out there, including third-party reminder apps, that would better suit this goal. Weigh your options carefully and decide what is the best option for you.
You can buy a USB drive with Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition and join millions of users worldwide on a platform that is considered the industry standard.
Sticky Notes in Windows Vista
To use sticky notes in Windows Vista follow these steps:
1. Click on the sidebar and select “Add Gadgets” option.
2. Select Notes icon from the menu and drag over to sidebar or to your desktop.
3. To make some changes into your notes such as in color and font type you have to go into its settings by clicking on the wrench icon.
4. By clicking right on the note’s title area you can choose the “Opacity” menu that will allow you to make your sticky notes transparent until you’ll move your cursor over it.
Sticky Notes in Windows 7
To use sticky notes in Windows 7, follow these steps:
1. Go in the start menu and choose sticky notes under accessories. You can also type “sticky notes” in the search box of the start menu. The default notes will appear in yellow color with the font of 11 points Segoe Print.
2. If there is more text than it can be displayed on your sticky note, you will get a scroll bar on the right side. If you want to resize it you just simply need to drag its bottom right corner.
3. To create a new note you have to click on “+” sign on the top left corner of the sticky note.
4. To delete the note you have to click “x” sign in the top right corner.
5. To change the color of notes simply click the right click menu.
Sticky Notes in Windows 10
To use sticky notes in Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. In the start, search type sticky and hit the “Enter” button.
2. To change the size you have to drag it from the bottom right corner.
3. To change the color, right click and choose the color of your own choice.
4. To create a new sticky note you can click the “+” sign on the top left corner.
5. To delete this note from your desktop just click on “x” sign on the top right corner.
Sticky notes has no official formatting tool but you can use the customary keyboard shortcuts to format your text, including:
- Ctrl+B (Bold)
- Ctrl+I (Italic)
- Ctrl+T (Strike through)
- Ctrl+U (Underline)
- Ctrl+Shift+L (The Bullet list)
- Ctrl+Shift+> (Increase text size)
- Ctrl+Shift+< (Decrease text size)
- Ctrl+R (Right Alignment)
- Ctrl+E (Center Alignment)
- Ctrl+L (Left Alignment)
- Ctrl+1 (Add Single line space)
- Ctrl+2 (Add Double line space)
- Ctrl+5 (Add 5 line spaces)