When you try to disable a Local Area Connection in Microsoft Windows 8 or 7, you get an error:
It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection maybe using one or more protocols that do not support Plug and play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account.
Hopefully, one of these solutions will work for you.
Thanks to Jerry for this fix.
- Start the computer in Safe Mode by pressing F5 right before the Windows logo appears.
- Open “Computer” and navigate to “C:\Windows\System32“.
- Rename the “catroot2” folder to “catrootold.
- Restart the computer normally.
- Select the “Start” button, then type “cmd“.
- Right-click the “Command Prompt” option, then choose “Run as administrator“.
- Type “netsh winsock reset catalog” and press the “Enter‘ key.
- Type “netsh int ip reset reset.log” and press the “Enter” key.
- Restart the computer.
Hopefully one of these methods solved the error for you.