Collaboration tools are the new normal in workplace communication and interaction. You can hold video conferences, chat with team members, store files, or merely conduct a phone call within or outside the organization.
With the many platforms you can use to stay connected, you may find yourself wondering how you can transfer your contacts. If you are a Zoom user who also happens to use Microsoft Teams, two of the top video conferencing platforms, you can easily do so. Not only can you do this from Zoom, but your phone contacts as well.
One of the advantages of Microsoft Teams is its integration with Microsoft Office tools such as Office 365. It also provides sufficient cloud storage per user. However, its interface can be somewhat complicated. Fortunately, we have step-by-step directions for you to follow.
Transferring Contacts from Zoom to Microsoft Teams
The most efficient way of transferring contacts from Zoom to Microsoft Team is by downloading the Chrome extension.
- To install the extension, go to the Chrome Web Store.
- From the Home tab, tap Extensions > Refined Microsoft Teams. Click on Add to Chrome.
- Once the extension is downloaded and installed, it will provide a feature where you can bulk import contacts to Refined Microsoft Teams. Those included can either be members or guests from outside the organization.
- Once you have completed bulk import, click the Close button.
With Microsoft Teams, you’ll be able to display teams and channels on two columns. This feature is optional. For the two-way columns display, you will need to switch from Grid view to List view.
How to Transfer Phone Contacts to Microsoft Teams
To transfer phone contacts, you will need to engage the services of Microsoft using the Porting Wizard found in the Microsoft Teams admin center. This will enable you to relocate phone contacts to Teams. Once your data has been ported to Teams, Microsoft will bill you for this service.
Creating a Port Order and Transferring Phone Numbers to Teams
You can utilize the Porting wizard if you are domiciled in the USA, UK, or Canada. If you are outside these three countries, you can still send an order by selecting your country and region from the drop-down list in the Manage phone numbers section.
- To get started, go to the Microsoft Teams Admin Center site, then tap on Voice > Phone numbers.
- Once it opens, click Numbers, followed by Port to open the Porting wizard.
- You will be asked to review the propriety information in the Get Started page. Once ready, tap Next.
- Then, select the location and Number type and tap Next.
- Choose the country where the numbers are domiciled and the phone number type. These types could be either toll-free or geographic numbers,t who the numbers are assigned to, and conferencing or users.
- Finally, complete the form on the Add the Account Information page and tap Next. Please note that every country may have different regulation information on port numbers.
Placing Your Order
- The next step is to Add Number. Choose the CSV file that you want the numbers uploaded from and then tap Next. The CSV file should only contain one column with the header ‘PhoneNumber.’ Each phone number should be in a separate row in the E164 format.
- Once this is completed, you will need to attach and upload a signed letter to authorize the transfer. A generic letter can be downloaded approved by your organization.
- Submit the order to be processed. Make sure all the details have been captured correctly before clicking the submit button.
- Once your port order is received, you will get an email verification request. Any notification shall be done via mail. You can track the status of your port order from the Microsoft Teams admin center.
- Tap on Port Orders to view your order history.
Additional Order Details
The order details will consist of:
- The order name, the email in which the notification shall be sent, and the transfer date;
- Your current service details such as the address;
- And the billing telephone number.
Load Your Contacts Easily
Sharing your Zoom contacts with Microsoft Team creates a seamless video collaboration experience within and outside your organization. Follow the steps above for smooth contact transfer.