My Chromebook is 4 years old. After recent ChromeOS updates, it has become very slow. I was looking to make my Chromebook run faster. I made a few changes that really made a difference and added speed. Have a look at these settings to speed up your Chromebook.
Turn Off Unneeded Services
- Select > “Settings“.
- Scroll down and select “Advanced“.
- In the “Privacy and security” section, turn off the following:
- Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar or the app launcher search box
- Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
- Help improve Safe Browsing
- Automatically send diagnostic and usage data to Google
Disable Unneeded Extensions
The less Extensions you have installed, the less memory that is used. Turn off plugins you can live without using these steps.
- Select > “More tools” > “Extensions“.
- Select “Remove” on any extensions you can afford to lose.