Nowadays, all iPad devices can use the split-screen mode. This feature allows you to open two apps at the same time showing side by side. With this feature, you can also open two windows using the same App. This helps you multi-task your activities and achieve more during the day. Setting up the split-screen on an iPad is very easy – we’ll show you how!
How to Set up a Split Screen on iPad
To split your iPad screen, you have to take the following steps;
- Rotate your iPad into the horizontal orientation.
- Open any app of your choice e.g., Safari, files, Google Chrome, etc.
- Then swipe up slightly from the bottom of the Pad screen to access the dock.
- Hold on the other app that you want to open into a split view.
- Drag the app off the dock into the currently open app.
- The second app will be opened into a Slide-over view, and then drag the small dash button down the screen of your iPad, and it will show the two apps in split view.
- Now that the two apps are in split-view, you have to adjust the size of each app by dragging the side button between them to your desired size.
To Close a Split Screen on an iPad
Closing the split-screen views on your iPad is like resizing an App on the screen. What you have to do is drag the dividing the slide bar over to the app that you want to close while the other app is open. You can also do it by closing both apps at the same time and return to the home screen of the iPad.
Return to a Split-screen App to the Slide-over View on Your iPad
It’s possible to return a split-screen app to Slide-over view by simply swiping down from the top of the app you want to return to the slide view. Using a split view mode may take some time to master; you’ll definitely want to practice as often as possible.
Sometimes, you might find out that the split-screen mode is not working on your iPad. This may be due to the fact that the app you are trying to split on-screen does not support the feature, or maybe you have disabled the split-screen app feature on your iPad.
How to Open Three Apps on Your iPad
If your iPad has the Split View feature, then you should be able to open three apps at once on your iPad. It will show two apps in split view and the other one in the slide-over. Try using the following steps.
- You have to open the Split-view and swipe up to open the dock.
- You can then open the third app on the screen in slide-over. Please make sure you drag the third app to the center of the screen. If not, you will find out that you have just replaced one of the apps in the split view.
- You have to swipe right to move from the slide-over to the split-screen, where you can open the other two apps using the split-screen. From the split-screen, you can swipe to the left to go back to the slide over.
Now that you’ve learned how to use the split-screen on your iPad, you can try this out yourself and discover this exciting feature on your own iPad.This feature will help you work smarter and achieve your daily to-do list, as this feature will give you the opportunity to do two things at the same time.