After using my Roku video player for about 2 weeks, the remote suddenly stopped working. Here are the steps you can take if the same thing happens to you.
This tutorial assumes you have already ensured the batteries you are using with the remote have power.
- Open the battery cover on the back of the remote.
- Remove the batteries from the controller.
- Unplug the power cord to your Roku box.
- Wait about 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back unto the Roku box.
- Wait abut 60 seconds, then place the batteries back into the remote.
- Press and hold the the small “Pair“/”Sync” button below the battery compartment for about 3 seconds.
- Ensure the remote control is in range of the box. Once the device starts, the remote should re-sync and work again.