Learn how to soft reset your HTC One M9 if it is not responding to commands, or hard reset the device to set it back to factory default settings.
A soft reset will simply reset your device in the event that it has become frozen or non-responsive. It will not erase data from the device.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” button simultaneously until the device powers off. Once powered off, press and hold “Power” for 3 seconds to turn the device back on.
Hard Reset From Settings
- Open “Settings“.
- Choose “Backup & reset“.
- If desired, select the option to “Erase SD card“.
- Select “Reset phone“.
- Select “OK“.
Hard Reset From Startup
- Turn the phone off by pressing and holding the “Power” button for 3 seconds, then selecting “Power off“.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” button and press release the “Power” button to turn the M9 on.
- When the HTC logo appears, release both buttons.
- Press “Volume Down” to select “Factory Reset“, then press the “Power” button to choose it.
The HTC One M9 will then restart and the hard reset will be complete.