Microsoft Outlook 365 doesn’t provide an easy way to export all of your Contacts to vCard files at once. Fortunately, there is a little trick I’ve learned that will accomplish this task.
Note: These steps are for the Outlook 365 desktop client.
- Create an email message in Outlook.
- Select “Attach Item” > “Business Card” > “Other Business Cards…“.
- Hold down “Shift” or “CTRL” and click the contacts you wish to include in the export. Click “OK” when finished.
- Create a folder on your Desktop to hold your vCard files.
- In the “Attached” section of the fake email you created; you will have a bunch of files with an extension of VCF. You can highlight all of these files and drag them to the folder on your Desktop. You will now have a folder filled with your previous contacts in VCF or vCard format.
Alternately you can email them to yourself if you wish to move them to another computer. Neat trick, isn’t it? Maybe someday Microsoft will include an easier way to do this.