You can verify that an email you sent is delivered or read by requesting a delivery or read receipt in the Microsoft Outlook 2016 software. Just follow these steps.
Request Receipts on Single Message
- While writing your message, select the “Options” tab.
- Under the “Tracking” section, select the check box for one or both of the following:
- Request a delivery receipt for this message
- Request a read receipt for this message
Request Receipts on All Messages by Default
- From the main Outlook screen, select “File” > “Options“.
- Choose “Mail” in the left pane.
- Scroll down to the “Tracking” section.
- Select the “Delivery receipt confirming the message was delivered to the recipient’s e-mail server” and/or “Read receipt confirming the recipient viewed the message” as desired.
Now when you send the message, you will receive a receipt if the email is read or delivered.
Please note however that delivery and read receipts can be turned off by the recipient or email server administrator on the recipient end. This is not a fool-proof way to verify if email was received or delivered. It is handy in most cases though.