You can connect and mirror your Nexus 5X or 5P smartphone on your TV to play Netflix, YouTube content, or any screen on your phone. Just follow these steps.
If you are a non-rooted user of the Nexus 5X or 5P, it appears that the only option for mirroring your screen is to use the Chromecast. The ability to use Miracast technology is not available.
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Chromecast, you can acquire a Chromecast and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Connect to Chromcast to a power source via the USB plug.
- Ensure the Chromecast and Nexus are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Google Home app on the Nexus.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Apps like Netflix and YouTube will now have a “Cast” button within each app that you can use to send the video to the TV. If you want to mirror everything on the device, open the Google Home app, select “Menu” , choose “Cast Screen / audio“, then select your Chromecast device in the list.