MIUI is one of the cleanest and most minimalistic Android interfaces out there. If you are using a Xiaomi phone, you will either love it or hate it. Either way, MIUI has one big problem: ads.
Xiaomi and MIUI
Xiaomi is a budget smartphone company, and to ensure cash flow they have opted to show ads on their MIUI. The ads are poorly placed and can interfere with your user experience. They are shown on the lock screen, browsers, MI apps, settings and more.
Even after users complained extensively about the ads, Xiaomi has not taken any steps to remove them. That’s why we will show you how to disable ads in MIUI apps. Let’s get started.
How To Disable Ads in Miui Apps?
Step 1: Disable MSA
The first step is to disable the MSA (MIUI Systems Ads).
- Go to settings.
- Tap on “Additional Settings”
- Tap on “Authorization and Revocation.”
- From there, you need to disable “MSA.” This will stop the collection phone data and reduce the number of ads you see.
- To disable MSA, you should be connected to the internet.
- You may have to disable the MSA more than once if it fails to turn off after the first attempt.
Step 2: Disabling Personalized Ad Recommendations
Disabling Personalized Ad Recommendations will also remove ads from your phone. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to settings
- From there, go to >Privacy >Ad Services
- Turn off the “Personalized ad recommendation” option
- Also, turn off “User Experience Program,” an Ad identifier.
- This will not completely stop ads on your device, but it will reduce the number as it can no longer use your personalized data.
Step 3: Disabling ads recommendation from Mi Music and Mi Security.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Systems app Settings
- Tap on “Receive Recommendation”
- Turn it off.
Step 4: Disabling ads recommendation from Mi Browser
- Go to Settings > Systems App Settings
- Tap Browser > Privacy and Security
- Turn off Recommendation for you.
Step 5: Disabling ads from File Manager
File Manager also shows ads to users. To disable ads, follow these steps:
- Open the File Manager
- Tap on the three-line icon on the top-left
- Now, go to Settings > About
- Turn off the recommendation option.
Step 6: Disabling ads from the Downloads app
- Open Downloads app
- Move to the Settings section
- Turn off “Show recommended content.”
Step 7: Disabling ads from Cleaner app
- Open Cleaner app
- Tap on the brush icon on the top right
- Go to settings and turn off “Receive Recommendation.”
Step 8: Removing ads from MIUI Themes and Mi Video
- Open the respective app
- Go to Account menu > Settings
- Turn off “Push Notification” and “Online Recommendation”
Pros & Cons of Using Android Devices
While Android is the most widespread mobile operating system in the world, with predictions of becoming the dominant OS in general, that doesn’t mean that it is superior to its counterparts in every way, especially when we consider the iOS.
Depending on your phone, your proficiency, and your needs, you may want to opt for a different operating system or learn how to make the most out of the Android version on your smartphone.
If you want to learn how to make your own apps, or to find out how most current Android apps work, you might want to take out Android Programming for Beginners that provides a nice, gentle learning curve for all that want to learn.