Getting tasks accomplished without interruption is always satisfying. Constant distractions can be frustrating and annoying. The same applies to on-screen work.
Repeated ads popping up is annoying as it causes a distraction and slows down your pace of work. These interruptions are why people tend to installed blockers along with the fact that these problematic ads often cover the content on the screen while it’s being used. Most Windows 10 users find them troublesome.
Ads and notifications happen on all versions of Windows 10 whether you are using the upgraded version, a licensed OS, or any other professional version. The question that arises with these annoying ads, is it possible to get rid of them?
The answer is yes.
Change the Spotlight Feature to Remove Microsoft’s Annoying Ads
There is a spotlight feature in Windows 10 that is used to display ads on the lock screen. This feature shows various kinds of wallpapers. However, sometimes, it also starts displaying ads for games which interferes with an individual working. Use the following steps to disable these ads:
- Right-click the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- A list of options will appear. Select the settings option from these.
- Click on the Personalization.
- From the left-pane menu select Lock Screen.
- Below Background, click the drop-down list. Select Slideshow.
- Disable the option of ‘Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen’.
Check the Start Menu
Sometimes, Windows 10 uses the Start Menu to advertise suggested applications. These advertised apps are usually not free, and they also occupy a lot of space of the Start Menu’s bar. The following instructions will block these ads from occupying this valuable space.
- On your taskbar.
- Choose settings from the given options.
- Select by clicking Personalization.
- Open the left-pane menu and select Start.
- Search for the option ‘Show Suggestions Occasionally in start’.
- Disable it.
Remove Microsoft ”Tips”
Many Microsoft Windows items are advertised through notifications on your desktop. For example, you are working on your PC and suddenly, an annoying pop-up message appears suggesting you set up an application. You can stop these notifications in the Action Center. Follow the steps below to disable the ads:
- Click the Windows icon on the taskbar to open it.
- Click the settings icon from the available options.
- Select System.
- Click ‘Notifications and Actions’. This option is available at the left-pane window.
- There will be a long option stating“Show me Windows welcome experience after the updates and occasionally while I sign-in to highlight what’s new and suggested’, switch it off.
Pros & Cons of Using Microsoft Windows
MS Windows is still the most common operating system on the Planet. Advantages of using Windows were once measured against using rivaling desktop operating systems, such as MacOS or Linux, but is currently more in danger of being surpassed by Android.
You can buy a USB drive with Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition and join millions of users worldwide on a platform that is considered the industry standard.