If you wish to set the default email client in the MacOS operating system, here’s how it’s done.
- Open the “Mail” application from the “Applications” folder.
- Select the “Mail” menu and choose “Preferences…“
- Set the “Default email reader” as desired.
What if I want Google Mail set as my default mail app?
- Use the above steps and set Google Chrome as your default email reader.
- Use Google Chrome as your browser and login to your Gmail account.
- Select the handler icon located on the right side of the Chrome address bar and choose “Allow“.