If you wish to set the default email client in the MacOS operating system, here’s how it’s done.
- Open the “Mail” application from the “Applications” folder.
- Select the “Mail” menu and choose “Preferences…“
- Set the “Default email reader” to the mail client desired. Set it to Outlook, Mail, Chrome or whatever mail client you like.
What if I want to set web-based email like Google Mail as my default mail app?
- Use the above steps and set Google Chrome as your default email reader.
- Use Google Chrome as your browser and login to your Gmail account.
- Select the handler icon located on the right side of the Chrome address bar and choose “Allow“.