If your LG G4 smartphone is not responding or is frozen, you may have to opt for a soft or hard reset. Here’s how it;s done.
If your G4 is malfunctioning and will not respond to tapping or buttons, try a soft reset. A soft reset will not erase data from the device.
- Press and hold the “Power” button located on the rear of the device for 10 seconds.
A hard reset will erase data and settings from the device and set the G4 back to factory defaults. There are two ways to perform a hard reset.
1. From Settings
- Select “Apps” > “Settings” > “Backup & reset” > “Factory data reset” > “Reset phone” > “Delete all” > “OK“
2. From Startup
- With the G4 powered off, press and hold “Power” and “Volume Down” until the “System Recovery” scree displays.
- Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to “Factory data reset“.
- Press “Power” to make the selection.
- Select “Yes“.
The device should then reset again and the hard reset is complete.