Want to learn how to close apps on the Amazon Kindle Fire. Here are a few options.
Option 1 – Swipe Apps Away
Note: This option is only available on newer Amazon Fire tablets.
- Press the square icon located at the lower-right portion of the screen.
- Swipe up and down to switch between apps.
- Swipe the apps you wish to close off the screen to the right or tap the X in the upper-right corner of the app window.
Option 2 – Use Task Killer
For older devices, downloading and using Advanced Task Killer is a better option.
- Download and install Advanced Task Killer.
- Launch the app from “Home“
- Check the apps you wish to “Kill“, then select “KILL selected apps“.
Option 3 – Close Apps From Settings
The interface is a bit clunky, but you can close apps from Settings.
- Open “Settings“.
- Select “Apps & Games” or “Applications“.
- Select “Manage All Applications” or “Installed Applications“.
- Swipe over to the “Running” apps.
- Select the app you wish to close.
- Select “Force Stop“, then tap “OK“.