There is no way to delete pictures directly from the iPod Nano. You have to use your computer to remove them. Here’s how it’s done.
- Attach your iPod Nano to the computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Select the icon for your device in the upper-right portion of the screen.
- Select the “Photos” tab.
- Uncheck the box that says “Sync photos from“.
- When prompted, choose “Remove Photos“.
- Select “Apply” in the lower-right corner.
Wait for the device to sync. All photos on the iPod Nano will be erased.
I performed these steps, but I still see Photos on my Nano. Why?
The above steps will only erase photos from the memory of the device. If you are syncing your photos with iCloud, there are different steps you’ll need to follow. Visit Apple’s tutorial on the various ways you can delete photos from iCloud.