By knowing the tips and tricks Safari has to offer, you’ll know how to get the most out of the browser. It also some tips and tricks up its sleeves that’ll make using the browser a lot more fun.
Thanks to these tips, you’ll be able to get things done faster and save some valuable time. You also won’t have to install any third-party apps since these are things that the browser itself has to offer.
Personalize Sites You Visit
When you visit a site, you’ll notice that there will be a pair of A’s to the left. Tap on these A’s to, and you’ll see options such as:
- Font size adjustment
- Show reader view
- Request mobile website
- Turn off content blockers
If you want to change the font size, tap on the smaller A to reduce the size. Now tap on the bigger A to increase the size. An option that may vary from site to site is the Show reader view. So, don’t be surprised if you don’t see it.
Hidden Tab Trick
By long-pressing on a tab for a few seconds, a new window will appear. In this new window, you’ll see options such as:
- Copy – This option will copy the URL of the site and take you to it automatically.
- Arrange tab by title – Option title speaks for itself.
- Close Other Tabs – It will close all tabs except the one you’re looking at.
- Arrange tabs by website – All the tabs that belong to the same website will be grouped together.
How to Edit Site Actions
There are various things you can do for a site you’re reading. By tapping on the icon with the arrow pointing up you’ll see default options such as:
- Copy URL – The URL will be copied to paste elsewhere
- Option to Add to Home Screen – It Will create a shortcut to that page
- Options to Add to Reading List – It Will save the article for offline reading
- Add Bookmark – It Will add the article to your bookmark list
- Add to Favorites – The article will be added to your favorites list
- Find on Page – It will highlight in yellow the words you search for
- Markup – You can highlight, draw, and edit the page you’re looking at to latter save it as a PDF.
- Save to Dropbox (If you have the app installed)
If you would like to remove or add more options, tap on the Edit Actions option; that’s the last option at the bottom. You’ll see an Actions window with choices with a red minus or green plus symbol to the side.
Depending on what you want to do, you can tap on the plus symbol to add and the minus symbol to remove. To save your changes, don’t forget your changes.
How to Make Safari Tabs Close Automatically
If you’re always forgetting to close the 50 tabs you may leave open after using Safari, there’s a way to fix that. Go to the Settings app and tap on the Safari option.
Swipe down a bit, and in the Tabs section, choose the Close Tabs option. It’s possible to close the tabs manually, After one day, Close after one week, and after one month.
How to Change the Download Location for Safari
There are other options when it comes to deciding where you want your downloaded files to end up. To change where your downloads end up, go to Settings > Safari > General > Downloads.
You’ll see two options: iCloud Drive and On my iPad. For more options, tap on the Other option.
Get More Information on a Word or Phrase
You may come across or word you’re not familiar while doing your daily reading. Instead of copying the word to do a Google search on it, you can long-press on the word for a few seconds until the Look Up option appears.
Tap on the option, and you’ll be taken to a new window with information on the word or phrase you chose.
Safari is full of great options, you just need to know where to look. Did I miss a tip you usually use? Share it with us in the comments below.