Delete a contact from the Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with these steps.
- From the Home screen, open the “Contacts” app.
- Choose the contact you wish to get rid of.
- Tap “Edit“.
- Scroll all the way down and tap “Delete Contact“.
Why don’t I see a “Delete Contact” option?
If the option to “Delete Contact” is missing, that usually means it is a linked contact and is being synced from an app like Facebook or Twitter. You’ll have to delete the contact from the app, or turn off syncing from that app using these steps:
- Go to “Settings” > “Facebook” (or whatever app has the contact).
- Under the “Allow these apps to use your account” section turn “Contacts” to “Off “.
How do I delete multiple contacts from my device?
The ability to delete multiple contacts is not currently available within the Apple iOS system.