When the world enters the Information Era, the daily life of people around the globe is evolving at a rapid pace. Those who don’t try to keep up with the current technology will most likely be left behind, even more so critical if it’s related to one’s career. In order to keep up, learning one of the skills that are relevant to the current work market is prudent, as it can lead you to an exciting and prosperous path. That’s where data science comes in.
According to Business Insider, the data scientist is one of the sexiest professions of the new millennial. It’s one of the most sought skills needed for companies and also offer attractive sums of money to those who can do the task. If someone were interested in becoming a data scientist, they might think, “I already have a job and hardly spare time to learn something. Is there an easy way to study the skills needed to become a data scientist?”
Well, it goes without saying that technology advancements surely brings the masses with comfortable and practical means to do something that used to take more time, cash, and energy. Back then, people need to pay considerable money to take a specific class to learn a new skill, not to mention the time needed to be spent and allocated beforehand. These days, however, not only online, but folks can also take courses on the go using their smartphone or tablet, i.e., learn at their own pace, wherever they go.
How to Install and Use DataCamp App
With the rise of such apps that let you learn skills at virtually any locations—DataCamp being one of many, you can easily take advantage of this development. Here’s how to use DataCamp app:
- Download and install the DataCamp app for Android or iOS.
- Open the app.
- Select either the yearly or monthly payment. For the yearly payment, you can usually get a discount to up to 75%. Otherwise, you can use the app for free, although access is limited to only certain courses (mostly introductory sections).
- After that, you can select the language you wish to learn first. There are three options; Python, R, and SQL. For beginners, Python as a general-purpose programming language is recommended.
- If you are completely new to programming, start with the introduction course of the programming language you’ve selected.
- Now, you can enjoy the app.
The courses are usually delivered in a video format so make sure you have a good internet connection. As a side note, whether you are a complete beginner or an experienced developer, it may be wise to not skip the essential basic courses.
How to Troubleshoot if Problems Arise
Nothing is perfect. Sooner or later, there’s a considerable chance you’ll encounter issues when using the app. If a problem appears, use one of the following methods to solve it.
- Check your internet connection.
- Update the app.
- If you use a VPN, disable it. Otherwise, use another VPN provider.
- The connection to DataCamp may be blocked by a proxy. Check your company’s proxy setting to make sure the connection to DataCamp is not blocked. Alternatively, you can try to use DataCamp at a different location.
If the trouble persists even though you’ve already tried all of the methods above, you can contact DataCamp support at firstname.lastname@example.org to get additional help.
The world is moving at a swift pace. To not be swiped away, we need to keep ourselves updated with the current technology. Learning the required skills for today’s job market is one of the things we can do to achieve that. That way, we can get a better chance to survive and thrive no matter what. DataCamp is a decent choice as it gives one of the best experiences when it comes to learning on the go.