Some people like to have their password stored in Microsoft Internet Explorer. Others are more private, and don’t want their password stored anywhere except in their own heads. IE will prompt you to remember your passwords be default. You can enable or disable this setting with the following steps.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select the gear on the right side of the main toolbar and choose “Internet Options“.
- Select the “Content” tab, then select “Settings” in the “AutoComplete” section.
- In the “Use AutoComplete for” pane, do one of the following:
- Uncheck the “Ask me before saving passwords” box to stop IE from prompting you to save passwords. Passwords will still be saved on some occasions. Check the box if you wish to be prompted for saving passwords.
- Uncheck the “User names and passwords on forms” to completely prevent IE from saving usernames and passwords. Check the box to enable it. You may also want to select “Delete AutoComplete history…” if you wish to clear any passwords IE has already saved.
- Select “OK“. Close and restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.