Cookies are handled very different in Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 than they are in older versions of IE. Here’s how you can enable cookies or disable them completely.
- Select the gear in the upper-right corner of the screen, then select “Internet Options“. If you have the Menu Bar enabled, you can select “Tools“ > “Internet Options“.
- Click the “Privacy” tab.
- Select the “Advanced” button.
- Under “First-party Cookies” and “Third-party Cookies“, choose one of the following:
- Select the “Sites” button if you wish to set options for specific websites. Under this section, type the website in the “Address of website” field, then select to “Block” or “Allow” cookies on that website. Click “OK” when you are done.
- Click “OK” and you have successfully set your cookie settings in IE11.
If you want to browse the web and prevent IE11 from keeping cookies after a single session, you can enable InPrivate Browsing. InPrivate Browsing is like the Incognito Mode in Google Chrome. You can bring up an InPrivate Browsing window in IE11 by select the gear in the upper-right corner of the screen, then choosing “Safety” > “InPrivate Browsing“.
Where are this cookie sliders that used to be in IE?
They are gone and replaced with this new interface.
What are first-party and third-party cookies.
First-party cookies are cookies from the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies are cookies from other services or websites that aren’t from the same website you are visiting.
What is a session cookie?
Session cookies are cookies that are stored until you close your browser session.