You don’t have to settle for the default headers and footers when you print a web page in IE11. You can customize them or remove them completely. Here’s how.
- Select “File” > “Page Setup“. (You may need to right-click the top bar and check “Menu Bar” to enable this menu.)
- In the “Headers and Footers” section, choose a selection in the drop-down menu. Select “Empty” if you don’t want a footer or header.
Select “Custom” to and type your own message. You can also use the following strings to customize the printout:
- &w – Window Title
- &u – Page URL
- &d – Date in short format
- &D – Date in long format
- &t – Time in regular format as shown on the clock
- &T – Time in 24-hour format
- &p – Current page number
- &P – Total number of pages
- &b – right align the next text. (You can see it in the default header, where &b is placed before the Page text)
- &b[TEXT]&b – If you surround the text in &b on either side, it will center the text.
- && – A single ampersand (&)