When you create your Facebook account, you’re prompted to enter your birthday. The platform adds this piece of information to your profile.
Your friends can then see when it’s your birthday and even get notified when you’re adding another year to your life.
But if you don’t want Facebook to announce your birthday, here’s what you can do to hide this piece of information.
How to Hide Your Birthday On Facebook
- Launch Facebook and log in to your account if you haven’t already
- Select Edit public details
- Go to Edit your About info
- Scroll down to Basic info
- Click or tap the Edit button
- Select the visibility settings icon
- Go to More options
- Check the Only me option.
That’s it! When people visit your Facebook profile, they won’t see any information related to your birthday. Your friends won’t be notified when it’s your birthday either.
How to Block Birthday Notifications from Friends
If you don’t want to get any notifications about your friends’ birthdays, you can tweak your Facebook notification settings accordingly.
- Go to Settings
- Select Your Time on Facebook
- Go to Control your notifications → See settings
- Go to Notifications settings
- Scroll to Birthdays and disable the birthday notifications.
So, if you don’t want to get any birthday notifications from Facebook, and you don’t want your friends to get notifications about your birthday either, follow the steps listed above.
Facebook will hide any birthday information on your profile, and you won’t get any notifications about your friends’ birthdays either.
That’s an excellent way to avoid your wall and inbox getting flooded with happy birthday messages.
On the other hand, if you tend to be really forgetful and need reminders for your closest friends’ birthdays, you may want to add that information directly to your calendar.